Sunday, May 8, 2022

Why is Mother's Day so special?

The conversation between my six year old and me led to this post. In her sweet, simple way little Biryani expressed the real fact of what makes this day so special for us mothers.



Ma: Achha Biryani tell me what is so special about Mother's Day?

Biryani: Because it gave her (the mother) the child. 

Ma: So what?

Biryani: Because that's what made her ( the mother) the happiest person on Earth naa! 


Indeed, holding you in my shaky arms for the first time, touching you to see if you are for real were moments beyond words or adjectives could describe. Since then life has been tough... There have been times when I lost my cool, I screamt,i cried because motherhood doesn't come with prior experience and certification; it's to be felt and gradually experienced. I have had my moments of complete break down but it was you who brought back the power and strength in me.


 I know how much I wanted to be a mother in spite of those miscarriages that tormented both my body and soul. You didn't come into my life easily but you made every moment worth since your birth. 

I know I am not perfect mother and I don't strive to be one.I am a mother who is more humane and normal. I don't want to show you that life is perfect or your Ma is perfect. Through my imperfections I want you to learn the real facts of life, of dealing with your demons and crisis. You have given me the most happiest moments of my life Biryani... Thank you for choosing me as your mother ❤️ 

#happymothersday #mother #motherdaughter 


No comments: