Thursday, May 26, 2022

Life hai Gullak si 😊



I didn't watch the previous seasons of Gullak. I somehow belong to the detective, mystery and action genre of films and series. A few friends suggested to watch Gullak but i turned a deaf ear to it. However the other day as i was browsing through the television I came across the third season of Gullak and thought of giving it a try. The only familiar face in it was Geetanjali Kulkarni whom I loved watching in the series Taj Mahal. I said to myself agar yeh hai cast mein toh ekbar try karna toh banta hai. 

It was a lazy Sunday afternoon and I was missing my parents a lot. Sundays were all about family time when Babu would be home all day. He would take the typical Kolkata 'bajarer bag' and go mutton shopping from Yakub's shop. He would ensure he got the best rewazi pieces for us and the bone marrow for us siblings. Maa would cook her delectable 'pathar mangshor jhol', the aroma would spread far and wide. Bhai and I would drool and loiter around the kitchen with a bowl until Maa gave one or two pieces in it for us to taste. Later the whole family would have a good meal together and head to the bed for afternoon siesta. Aah woh bhi kya din the!


The trailer of Gullak somehow made me feel that the series is something like going back memory lane to the bygone era of simplicity and being happy together come what may. The nostalgia made me press the remote button to Gullak. Oh boy! Mishraji and parivar was an instant connect and soooooo relatable. Each episode was a treat to watch until the last one... I mean kaun karta hai aisa viewers ke saath? 

Mishraji ne toh Dara hi Diya thaa yaar! Izzati ki chamkar is the name of the episode and I am sure every middle class family will have tears rolling down while watching this brilliant episode. The brilliance with which the episode is shot is commendable. End of the day it's the Izzat that a hard working,honest man has earned over the years and when he sees that shattering in front of his eyes he succumbs. Vaibhav Raj Gupta .. bhai tu genius hai! Kaise kar leta hai aisi acting itne Aram se .. rula diya tune humko. Harsh Mayer bhaisaab woh chote bhai wala kirdar... Aah! You won my heart bro! This episode is actually an epitome of coming of age for middle class kids where they realise the importance of the father and how much that man means to children. Mrs. Shanti Mishra aapko pranam Mataji, no melodrama yet so strong portrayal of the wife in crisis. Aur Jameel Khan aka Mishraji you personified the fathers of most part of India to the tee. I mean how, how did you all create such magic with such simplicity on screen? 


I am so glad that i watched the series and believe me after watching the first thing I did was going back to my family photos stored in my mobile with moist eyes. I felt grateful for my family. Yes, we are weirdos in our own way but end of the day we are a family which is normal,which is perfect with its imperfections. Series like Gullak touches the right chord and makes audience feel and relate to emotions, moments, feelings of the real India. What a great watch it was! Team Gullak apka gullak hamesha bhara rahen with love and blessings. Looking forward to watching more seasons soon. 

#gullak #geetanjalikulkarni #ott #tvseries #jameelkhan #vaibhavrajgupta #harshmayer #films

No comments: