Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Rest in peace my friend




I was in my twenties when AD saw you for the first time and fell in love with your style. He knew that you were meant to be with me so he got you home one evening. Since then you have been a part of my life traveling to various places along with me. Although we didn't get to see each other for a few years in between because of my Motapa (weight gain) post motherhood, yet we shared a relation beyond the physicality. You always motivated me to get back in shape so that we can get back to meeting and feeling each other once again. 



Now in my forties I have to let you go my friend because age took a toll on you as well. It's time for us to bid adieu to each other with a heavy heart. Thank you for being with me since 2007 and being a part of my journey pre covid and post covid. You have been beside me throughout my journey pre and post motherhood and seen my body undergo change like never before. Yet you held on to me like a true friend.

Every time I looked at you post motherhood it was a deep sense of belonging that made me feel  some day I should be able to get you back. When o wore you after many years it was the feeling of meeting a long lost friend. The emotion was overwhelming and I loved wearing you over and over again. You made me feel good about myself... My existence...my identity. You boosted confidence in me to face the world sprightly. 
Its been a great journey so far my little sexy dress but nothing is permanent so is ours. It's time to bid adieu to you.I will miss wearing you but let me tell you something... You could be non living but this living being really liked you and it's hard to part today. Thank you for giving innumerable memories to cherish upon. The compliments I received because of you, the amorous gaze of the husband whenever I wore you, every moment was special. Thanks to the husband for bringing you home that evening. My dress rest in peace. 




No comments: